Response from: DHSD blow off of the Gulf War Veterans, programs, website

  • Kirt Love
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2005
      Response:
      Dear Mr. Love:

      Thank you for your recent e-mail.  My name is Robert, and I am
      responding on behalf of the Director of Deployment Health Support.

      Our web site technicians are aware of the dead links you referred
      to in your earlier e-mail.  Some of those links are for information that
      was located on web sites that are no longer in service.  Our web
      team is in the process of finding alternate ways to provide the
      information on our web site.

      Our office has made a good faith effort to post the results of our
      VSO/MSO meetings for review on our web site.  Although we may
      not have always been prompt in the past, the January 2005 and
      February 2005 meeting summaries have been posted for some
      time now.  In fact, we have posted all of the monthly meeting notes
      for the past year in a timely manner.  The March 2005 summary
      should be posted this week.

      You contacted our office to request assistance with a problem
      you had with the Department of Veterans Affairs on their combining
      the Persian Gulf coordinator duties into a position that was already
      responsible for other programs.  We had already informed you
      that we made contact with the VA and apprised you that we had
      begun the process to address your issues.  We have done this
      at several levels and continue to do so.

      We appreciate your concerns and will continue to work with
      you to address them.  Although you have requested to meet
      with Dr. Kilpatrick, Ms. Goodno, the Outreach Director, is the
      point of contact for individuals and veterans organizations
      who have issues they wish addressed.  She is available to
      discuss your specific issues.  Contact us by telephone or
      e-mail and we will arrange a time for you to talk to her.

      Thank you again for writing.  We look forward to hearing
      from you again soon.

      Unexplained Illne sses Among Desert Storm Veterans, July 12, 1995

      >     This is a dead link:

      Persian Gulf Veterans' Medical Research Issues (03/09/95)

          This is a dead link:
      >     Persian Gulf
      Experience and Health : January 1971 through March 1994 :
      > 594 selected
      citations

      >     On this page, can you change the
      red copy on the light blue background
      >     for those of us
      with visual problems:

      href="http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/interagency/cb_action.html">http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/interagency/cb_action.html

      href="http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/gwvi/refs1.html">http://www.gulflink.osd.mil/gwvi/refs1.html

      >     These pages direct to base page of
      gulflink.osd.mil rather than the
      > file:

          4. Department of Defense, Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War
      > Illnesses, Department of Defense, introductory material to all
      case
      > narratives; see for example "U.S. Marine Corps Minefield
      Breaching," July
      > 30, 1997.
      >     5. Department of
      Defense, Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War
      > Illnesses, "U.S.
      Marine Corps Minefield Breaching," July 30, 1997.

          6. Department of Defense, Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War
      > Illnesses, "Al Jaber Air Base," September 25, 1997.
      >
      >     7. Department of Defense, Office of the Special
      Assistant for Gulf War
      > Illnesses, "Fox Vehicle Detections in an
      ASP/Orchard," September 25, 1997.

      >     12.
      Fahlsing, G.A., Product Manager, Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical

      Reconnaissance Systems, U.S. Army, "Analysis of Fox MM1 Tapes," memorandum
      > for the Office of the Special Assistant for Gulf War
      Illnesses, March 3,
      > 1997.
      >
      >     27.
      Rostker, B., Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense
      > for
      Gulf War Illnesses, Department of Defense, transcript of a press

      briefing, May 1, 1997.