Juggernaut Bass Distortion from ProCo Sound

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18, 2006
      Here is a quiz for you. I'm sure you won't get the answer. What do
      the bands the Cure, Yes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Rage
      Against the Machine, and Kings X have in common? Give up? These
      bands (as well as countless others) have used distortion to give
      bass lines a little more edge. In doing some research with players
      who play more bass than I do there were some very mixed reactions on
      bass distortion. The "purists" like a super clean bass that sort of
      thumps out the root note. The "industrialists" wanted nothing but
      crushing walls of sound - the more the better. My question to them
      was "Is there a way to get both?" Meaning, is it possible to get
      that clean root note that can be heard over a thick wall of
      distorted thunder?

      My answer was typically a blank stare. I wasn't sure this was
      possible without multitracking or using switches to lead to multiple
      bass amplifiers. The best option clearly comes in a much simpler
      (and smaller) package. For my bass playing brethren, I bring you the
      Juggernaut Bass Distortion Pedal from ProCo sound!

      Click here to read entire review:

      http://www.guitargearheads.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=141