Fw: Venus and the Pleiades this coming Tuesday

  • Bruce Kamiat
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2012
      From: richard rosenberg
      To: richard rosenberg
      Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 11:36 AM
      Subject: Venus and the Pleiades this coming Tuesday

      Hello Observers,

      If you don't know already, in a few days there will be a terrific celestial event. On Tuesday, April 3rd, the planet Venus will come very close to the Pleiades, the brightest star cluster. Some of us will be at the High Line or other usual AAA locations. Others may want to help people at a star party on the Lower East Side. They have some nice telescopes but are not very familiar in observing. Perhaps you can help. If so, call Felton Davis at 212-777-9617.

      By the way, Venus should be high enough to be seen (unless there's a tall building blocking the western sky)..

      Rich