The Problem with Pluto

  • Jason Shiling Kendall
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      The IAP Lecture Series at the New York Public Library
      A NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassadors Program Event

      The Problem with Pluto:
      The Discovery, the Debate, the Science
      Free and Open to the Public

      June 5, 2010, 1:00 PM

      Join us for a lively discussion on the discovery of the dwarf planet Pluto, and the huge debate surrounding its demotion from full planethood and the science of the Outer Planets. We'll learn a lot about all the other planets as we strive to understand this one mysterious, icy world at the farthest reaches of the Solar System. We'll also see the latest updates from the New Horizons spacecraft as it continues its long journey to encounter this beguiling body.

      After a good talk, and a flight around the Solar System with the Virtual Universe, we'll even do our own little vote....

      For more information, please visit:
      http://www.moonbeam.net/InwoodAstronomy/events/2010/06/05.shtml

      To RSVP via Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/event.php?eid=123537407667522

      Jason Kendall
      Director, Inwood Astronomy Project
      http://www.inwoodastronomy.org
      NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador, New York City
      http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/ambassador/profiles/Jason_Kendall.htm