Fw: [star-struck] Reminder: February 2 -- Virtual Universe

  • Bruce Kamiat
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2009
      From: Elizabeth Stachow
      To: department
      Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 3:03 PM
      Subject: [star-struck] Reminder: February 2 -- Virtual Universe

      ______________________________
      VIRTUAL UNIVERSE: Cosmic Ages
      Tuesday, February 2 -- 6:30 pm
      Presented by: Brian Abbott

      $15 ($13.50 members/students/seniors)
      Tickets may be purchased at the door
      or call Central Reservations at 212.769.5200
      or visit an advance sales ticket counter at the Museum

      Hayden Planetarium Space Theater
      81st Street Rose Center entrance

      The Universe is 14 billion years old, but how old is the Milky Way?
      How and when did the Sun and Solar System form? And, what is our planet's ultimate fate? Come explore the Universe through the lens of time as we describe the significant mileposts that describe the formation of nearby galaxy clusters, the Milky Way galaxy, and the Solar System.

      ____________________________

      VIRTUAL UNIVERSE
      The Hayden Planetarium has essembled the world�s largest cosmic atlas
      -- extending from Earth to the greatest distances yet charted by
      astronomers. Join us monthly for a fully interactive tour of our
      surrounding universe -- the biggest thing you can do in New York.

      To explore on your own, download some of the Hayden Planetarium's 3-D
      Digital Universe and PartiView software at
      http://www.haydenplanetarium.org

      Look up future programs at http://www.amnh.org/programs/
      _____________________________
      TUESDAY EVENINGS IN THE DOME