skysensor and Guide 7

  • James Ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
      hello from smoky Sydney.

      I have finally gotten myself a Skysensor 2000 and have given it a test out
      with Guide over the last few days.
      I have hooked it up in LX200 mode and am pleased to say I had no problems
      with it at all. All the buttons on the Guide scope pad are working.

      Unfortunately the smoke from nearby bushfires here is causing some probs
      actually seeing stuff in the eyepiece so I haven't been able to test out
      pointing accuracy etc.
      I'll be trying to do some more detailed things with the SS and Guide
      including comet and satellite tracking when the smoke clears...
      Eg is Guide capable of sending comet and satellite orbital data to
      Skysensor? The manual states that this can be done via a terminal prog such
      as Hyperterminal, but doing it in Guide would be cool.

      For those who are interested, NASA has a photo here of the bushfires:
      http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=6764.
      Sydney is the yellow/brown mushroom shape on its side.
      I'm just left of centre in the top shot, near one of those isolated red
      squares. Right under the smoke... darn it.

      cheers

      James

    • Georgiana Inturrisi
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        Hi - I got your message, and I noticed you were from Australia. How is star gazing down there?
        Don't make me jealous - I'm going down there this October. I was just curious about the
        different constellations.