xBrowser crash on Windows 10

  • tonymcgee46
    Message 1 of 16 , May 25, 2016

      Hi Dimitris

      There seems to be an issue with xBrowser controls on Windows 10. Typing or left clicking anywhere on the Browser when displaying a web page, local html file or text file causes Gui4Cli to crash instantly. However, scrolling with the mouse wheel or right clicking works fine.

      Left click works ok when viewing PDF's or browsing folders. I've tested various xBrowser guis (including the Tabbed Browser tutorial) on different PC's, all with the same results. I've also tried 19.38 as well as 19.42, crashes on both. No problem on Windows 7.Here's the event log:

      Faulting application name: Gui4Cli.exe, version: 19.42.0.0, time stamp: 0x5692613b

      Faulting module name: Gui4Cli.exe, version: 19.42.0.0, time stamp: 0x5692613b

      Exception code: 0xc0000005

      Fault offset: 0x0000f3a7

      Faulting process ID: 0xee8

      Faulting application start time: 0x01d1b66738bcfa99

      Report ID: e55fdf80-750f-4709-b98f-9ae651338b3f

      Anyone else come across this?

    • GC Gui4Cli

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 11, 2016
          Hi,

          Fixed the problem with crashing when clicking on xBrowser on windows 10 (let's hope).

          Dimitris

          On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 11:44 PM, GC Gui4Cli <gui4cli@...> wrote:
[...]

        • 530b319ce382e4f6acbe4ab8f65b11ad
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 13, 2016
            Hi Dimitris

            Works great. Thanks very much for the quick fix.

            Tony
          • jd
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 5, 2017
              Hi Dimitris,

              Still sticking to the Amiga ...

              It has been a long time since i came along here; I am not sure if i can still get access to the yahoo file area. Anyway it has been a mess for me.
              I wonder if the file area's content couldn't be moved to Your website?
              I am trying to convince my grandson to have a try with Gui4Cli.

              I guess if at least some usefull gui's were directly downloadable from there, it would help.

              Thanks in advance

              Joseph
            • GC Gui4Cli
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 6, 2017
                Hi Joseph,

                The yahoo mail list (which I approved) doesn't have any movement for some time now.

                Anything new I have (which is rare now days) is on my the website.

                The latest version which I use myself with windows 10 seems to be working fine and does everything I want, so there's not much to add left anyway.

                All the best,
                Dimitris

                On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 3:52 PM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                Hi Dimitris,

                Still sticking to the Amiga ...

                It has been a long time since i came along here; I am not sure if i can still get access to the yahoo file area. Anyway it has been a mess for me.
                I wonder if the file area's content couldn't be moved to Your website?
                I am trying to convince my grandson to have a try with Gui4Cli.

                I guess if at least some usefull gui's were directly downloadable from there, it would help.

                Thanks in advance

                Joseph

              • fulladsl
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 6, 2017
                  Hi Dimitris,  I succeeded in accessing the file area and copied what I think is interesting for my grandson.
                  I noted indeed the slowdown of the mail list.  Gui4Cli remains to me a splendid first language and the workhorse I needed to master my computer.
                  Respect and thanks

                  Joseph

                  Op 6 mrt. 2017 om 12:36 heeft GC Gui4Cli gui4cli@... [gui4cli] <gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 19, 2017
                    Hello Dimitris,

                    what is the equialent of the EZreq command under windows N
                    I use it a lot to check some intermediate result wen debugging

                    Ezreq $var2check ok var
                  • GC Gui4Cli

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 29, 2017
                        Hello Dimitris,

                        I am not sure the doc about MsgBox i am consulting now is the latest, but i also often used EZreq like this
                        EzReq "Choose operator" +|-|:|*|Op Op
                        say $op

                        This does not seem to be possible with MsgBox ?

                        On 03/20/2017, you wrote:

                        > The equivalent is the MsgBox function.
                        >
                        > Dimitris
                        >
                        > On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                        > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                        >

                        >> Hello Dimitris,
                        >>
                        >> what is the equialent of the EZreq command under windows N
                        >> I use it a lot to check some intermediate result wen debugging
                        >>
                        >> Ezreq $var2check ok var

                        Regards
                      • GC Gui4Cli
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 29, 2017
                          Yes, MsgBox is not as versatile on Windows as it was on the Amiga.

                          The buttons are standard - Yes, No, Cancel. You can not give your own labels. That's why on Windows programs you see them saying things like "Click on YES if you want to do this, or NO if you want that...", etc

                          Silly...

                          On 03/20/2017, you wrote:

                          > The equivalent is the MsgBox function.
                          >
                          > Dimitris
                          >
                          > On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:04 PM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                          > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          >

                          >> Hello Dimitris,
                          >>
                          >> what is the equialent of the EZreq command under windows N
                          >> I use it a lot to check some intermediate result wen debugging
                          >>
                          >> Ezreq $var2check ok var

                          Regards

                        • jd
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 4, 2017
                            Hi,

                            I installed the 19.38 archive on windows 10 and since i had problems using that version even for a very simple gui, i downloaded the 19.43 beta.
                            However i don't find the equivalent files to that zip archive on the Gui4Cli install. So to what drawer should i extract them.

                            Joseph

                            On 03/29/2017, you wrote:

                            > Yes, MsgBox is not as versatile on Windows as it was on the Amiga.
                            >
                            > The buttons are standard - Yes, No, Cancel. You can not give your own
                            > labels. That's why on Windows programs you see them saying things like
                            > "Click on YES if you want to do this, or NO if you want that...", etc
                            >
                            > Silly...
                            >
                            > On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                            > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            >

                            >> Hello Dimitris,
                            >>
                            >> I am not sure the doc about MsgBox i am consulting now is the latest,
                            >> but i also often used EZreq like this
                            >> EzReq "Choose operator" +|-|:|*|Op Op
                            >> say $op
                            >>
                            >> This does not seem to be possible with MsgBox ?
                            >>
                            >> On 03/20/2017, you wrote:
                            >>
                            >> > The equivalent is the MsgBox function.
                            >> >
                            >> > Dimitris

                            >> Regards

                            Regards
                          • GC Gui4Cli
                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 5, 2017
                              After you install 19.38, just download and unzip 19.43 somewhere, and then copy the exe, dll, and help files over the existing ones. G4c normally installs in  C:/Program Files (x86)/Gui4Cli.

                              The latest version works fine with windows 10

                              Dimitris

                              On 03/29/2017, you wrote:

                              > Yes, MsgBox is not as versatile on Windows as it was on the Amiga.
                              >
                              > The buttons are standard - Yes, No, Cancel. You can not give your own
                              > labels. That's why on Windows programs you see them saying things like
                              > "Click on YES if you want to do this, or NO if you want that...", etc
                              >
                              > Silly...
                              >
                              > On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                              > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                              >

                              >> Hello Dimitris,
                              >>
                              >> I am not sure the doc about MsgBox i am consulting now is the latest,
                              >> but i also often used EZreq like this
                              >> EzReq "Choose operator" +|-|:|*|Op Op
                              >> say $op
                              >>
                              >> This does not seem to be possible with MsgBox ?
                              >>
                              >> On 03/20/2017, you wrote:
                              >>
                              >> > The equivalent is the MsgBox function.
                              >> >
                              >> > Dimitris

                              >> Regards

                              Regards

                            • jd
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 5, 2017
                                Hello Fimitris,
                                i must have done something wrong trying to install & reinstall Gui4Cli 19.38. I get in this loop;
                                1) After an uninstall with the standard Windows interface to remove a program i am told that Gui4Cli 19.38 has been successfully removed.
                                2) When i try to reiinstall Gui4Cli i am told that an version 19.38 is still there?. So i continue installing in the same drawer (which happens to be a users/MyAccount/Gui4Cli/
                                SciEd and gcview icons appear on the desktop, but no Gui4Cli in the taskbar.
                                3)I then extract the 19.43 archive in that drawer but still no Gui4Cli icon on the taskbar.

                                4) Goto 1)

                                What can i do or check?

                                On 04/05/2017, you wrote:

                                > After you install 19.38, just download and unzip 19.43 somewhere, and
                                > then copy the exe, dll, and help files over the existing ones. G4c
                                > normally installs in C:/Program Files (x86)/Gui4Cli.
                                >
                                > The latest version works fine with windows 10
                                >
                                > Dimitris
                                >

                                > On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                                > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                >

                                >> Hi,
                                >>
                                >> I installed the 19.38 archive on windows 10 and since i had problems
                                >> using that version even for a very simple gui, i downloaded the 19.43
                                >> beta. However i don't find the equivalent files to that zip archive on
                                >> the Gui4Cli install. So to what drawer should i extract them.
                                >>
                                >> Joseph
                                >>
                                >> On 03/29/2017, you wrote:
                                >>
                                >> > Yes, MsgBox is not as versatile on Windows as it was on the Amiga.
                                >> >
                                >> > The buttons are standard - Yes, No, Cancel. You can not give your own
                                >> > labels. That's why on Windows programs you see them saying things like
                                >> > "Click on YES if you want to do this, or NO if you want that...", etc
                                >> >
                                >> > Silly...

                                >> Regards

                                Regards
                              • GC Gui4Cli
                                Message 15 of 16 , Apr 5, 2017
                                  G4c is normally installed in the "program files (x86)" folder (like all 32 bit programs).

                                  You must run the installer in Administration mode.

                                  The icon may not be visible sometimes (windows hides them). You can try selecting which icons are visible through the settings in the context menu.

                                  Dimitris

                                  On 04/05/2017, you wrote:

                                  > After you install 19.38, just download and unzip 19.43 somewhere, and
                                  > then copy the exe, dll, and help files over the existing ones. G4c
                                  > normally installs in C:/Program Files (x86)/Gui4Cli.
                                  >
                                  > The latest version works fine with windows 10
                                  >
                                  > Dimitris
                                  >

                                  > On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 4:15 PM, jd JDuch@... [gui4cli] <
                                  > gui4cli@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                                  >

                                  >> Hi,
                                  >>
                                  >> I installed the 19.38 archive on windows 10 and since i had problems
                                  >> using that version even for a very simple gui, i downloaded the 19.43
                                  >> beta. However i don't find the equivalent files to that zip archive on
                                  >> the Gui4Cli install. So to what drawer should i extract them.
                                  >>
                                  >> Joseph
                                  >>
                                  >> On 03/29/2017, you wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> > Yes, MsgBox is not as versatile on Windows as it was on the Amiga.
                                  >> >
                                  >> > The buttons are standard - Yes, No, Cancel. You can not give your own
                                  >> > labels. That's why on Windows programs you see them saying things like
                                  >> > "Click on YES if you want to do this, or NO if you want that...", etc
                                  >> >
                                  >> > Silly...

                                  >> Regards

                                  Regards

                                • jd
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Apr 6, 2017
                                    Hello Dimitris

                                    On 04/06/2017, you wrote:

                                    > G4c is normally installed in the "program files (x86)" folder (like all
                                    > 32 bit programs).
                                    >
                                    > You must run the installer in Administration mode.

                                    > The icon may not be visible sometimes (windows hides them). You can try
                                    > selecting which icons are visible through the settings in the context
                                    > menu.

                                    Thanks, I was able to make the icon appear on the taskbar.
                                    All seems working well. The output window spots a number of errors in different sciEd related gui's though. You probably orrected those since 19.38, didnt you ?

                                    Regards