Extract unjulian enhancement request

  • reneatch
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2008
      Hi Dimitris,

      I'm quite often working with the julian date in my programs.
      To simplify them, I have an enhancement request for the 'EXTRACT ...
      UNJULIAN ...' command.

      Is it possible to make to retrieve the full year (dd/mm/yyyy) instead
      only the last two bytes of the year (dd/mm/yy).
      This would be great if you could pack this in.

      Thanks for your great work done already and by making Gui4Cli available.

      Regards, Rene
    • Dimitris Keletsekis
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2008
        Hi Rene,

        Sure, I'll add something and upload in a few days.

        All the best,
        Dimitris

        On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM, reneatch <rene-zimmerli@...> wrote:
        > Hi Dimitris,
        >
        > I'm quite often working with the julian date in my programs.
        > To simplify them, I have an enhancement request for the 'EXTRACT ...
        > UNJULIAN ...' command.
        >
        > Is it possible to make to retrieve the full year (dd/mm/yyyy) instead
        > only the last two bytes of the year (dd/mm/yy).
        > This would be great if you could pack this in.
        >
        > Thanks for your great work done already and by making Gui4Cli available.
        >
        > Regards, Rene

      • reneatch
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
          Hi Dimitris,

          Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late feedback.

          Q: Do you already know if you simply change the value (just return the
          year in four digits) or if a new option i.e. 'extract lunjulian' is
          added (l for long)? Anything would be fine to me, but if I would
          already know it gives me the chance to modify my existing programs in
          the meantime ;-) But don't be forced to hurry.

          Thanks, Rene

          --- In gui4cli@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris Keletsekis" <gui4cli@...> wrote:

          > Hi Rene,
          >
          > Sure, I'll add something and upload in a few days.
          >
          > All the best,
          > Dimitris
          >

          > On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM, reneatch <rene-zimmerli@...> wrote:
          > > Hi Dimitris,
          > >
          > > I'm quite often working with the julian date in my programs.
          > > To simplify them, I have an enhancement request for the 'EXTRACT ...
          > > UNJULIAN ...' command.
          > >
          > > Is it possible to make to retrieve the full year (dd/mm/yyyy) instead
          > > only the last two bytes of the year (dd/mm/yy).
          > > This would be great if you could pack this in.
          > >
          > > Thanks for your great work done already and by making Gui4Cli
          available.

          > > Regards, Rene

        • Dimitris Keletsekis
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 11, 2008
            Hi Rene,

            > Q: Do you already know if you simply change the value (just return the
            > year in four digits) or if a new option i.e. 'extract lunjulian' is

            For now you can just parse it yourself.
            Here is an example gui

            G4C testgui

            xOnLoad
            var1 = "15/3/08"
            var2 = "15/3/65"
            say 'var1 = $var1 - var2 = $var2'
            gosub #this convertDate var1
            gosub #this convertDate var2
            say 'var1 = $var1 - var2 = $var2'
            guiQuit #this

            xRoutine convertDate variableName
            parsevar $variableName '/'
            day = $$parse.0
            month = $$parse.1
            year = $$parse.2
            // convert year
            if $year < 100
            if $year < 30
            year = $($year + 2000)
            else
            year = $($year + 1900)
            endif
            endif
            $variableName = "$day/$month/$year"
          • reneatch
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 12, 2008
              Thanks Dimitris.
              Nice idea to put it in a routine (or a function). This way I can
              already change my programs and at a later step only this single
              routine/function has to be changed.
              Regards, Rene

              --- In gui4cli@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitris Keletsekis" <gui4cli@...> wrote:

              > Hi Rene,
              >
              > > Q: Do you already know if you simply change the value (just return the
              > > year in four digits) or if a new option i.e. 'extract lunjulian' is
              >
              > For now you can just parse it yourself.
              > Here is an example gui
              >
              > G4C testgui
              >
              > xOnLoad