Selected lines

  • Tony McGee
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
      Hi Guys,

      In my gui I need to know how many lines are selected in a MULTI listview.
      There doesn't seem to be an internal variable for it, and counting them in a
      WHILE loop is way too slow. Is there another way?

      Tony
    • Christopher Ralph
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2001
        Hi Tony

        On 06-Jul-01, you wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > In my gui I need to know how many lines are selected in a MULTI listview.
        > There doesn't seem to be an internal variable for it, and counting them in
        > a WHILE loop is way too slow. Is there another way?
        >
        > Tony

        I never found another way and had to use a WHILE loop.
        Sorry I can't help.

        Regards,
        Chris.
      • Joseph Duch√Ętelet
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 7, 2001
          Hello Christopher

          On 06-Jul-01, you wrote:

          > Hi Tony
          >
          > On 06-Jul-01, you wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Guys,
          >>
          >> In my gui I need to know how many lines are selected in a MULTI listview.
          >> There doesn't seem to be an internal variable for it, and counting them
          >> in a WHILE loop is way too slow. Is there another way?
          >>
          >> Tony
          >
          > I never found another way and had to use a WHILE loop.
          > Sorry I can't help.
          You did think of hiding the listview to fasten the loop, I guess ?? Gui4Cli
          is quite fast then.
          If this is not sufficient you could think of maintaining a counter during
          your selection and deselection process using the xLVHOOK event.

          All the best

          Joseph

          Regards
        • Tony McGee
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11, 2001
            >>> In my gui I need to know how many lines are selected in a MULTI listview.
            >>> There doesn't seem to be an internal variable for it, and counting them
            >>> in a WHILE loop is way too slow. Is there another way?

            Chris:
            >> I never found another way and had to use a WHILE loop.
            >> Sorry I can't help.

            Joseph:
            > You did think of hiding the listview to fasten the loop, I guess ?? Gui4Cli
            > is quite fast then.
            > If this is not sufficient you could think of maintaining a counter during
            > your selection and deselection process using the xLVHOOK event.

            I've just got this message 5 days late. Don't you just love Yahoo?

            Yeah, I'm hiding the listview, but it still gets very slow when you have a
            thousand or so lines selected. The problem with a counter is you can select
            and deselect multiple lines on an xLVHOOK event, and it would only count 1.

            Ah well. It'll have to do as is. Thanks guys.

            Tony
          • Joseph Duch√Ętelet
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2001
              Hello Tony

              On 12-Jul-01, you wrote:

              > Chris:
              >>> I never found another way and had to use a WHILE loop.
              >>> Sorry I can't help.
              >
              > Joseph:
              >> You did think of hiding the listview to fasten the loop, I guess ??
              >> Gui4Cli is quite fast then.
              >> If this is not sufficient you could think of maintaining a counter during
              >> your selection and deselection process using the xLVHOOK event.
              >
              > I've just got this message 5 days late. Don't you just love Yahoo?
              >
              > Yeah, I'm hiding the listview, but it still gets very slow when you have a
              > thousand or so lines selected. The problem with a counter is you can
              > select and deselect multiple lines on an xLVHOOK event, and it would only
              > count 1.
              >
              > Ah well. It'll have to do as is. Thanks guys.
              What about having a second empty LV
              When you want to know the number of selected lines, you do a
              LVCLIP COPY SELECTED ADD #this 2
              and $$LV.TOTAL will give you the number of selected lines in LV 1
              > Tony

              Regards
            • Tony McGee
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 13, 2001
                Joseph:
                > What about having a second empty LV
                > When you want to know the number of selected lines, you do a
                > LVCLIP COPY SELECTED ADD #this 2
                > and $$LV.TOTAL will give you the number of selected lines in LV 1

                Joseph, you are a genius. :) It's much faster now, cheers. I'll upload the new
                Textview soon.

                Dimitris:
                > Ready or not, here is the first version of Gui4Cli for Windows (98 and
                > over). You can download it from www.Gui4Cli.com.

                Almost makes me wish I had a PC to try it out. Almost.

                Tony
              • dck@hol.gr
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 14, 2001
                  > Joseph:
                  > > What about having a second empty LV
                  > > When you want to know the number of selected lines,
                  you do a
                  > > LVCLIP COPY SELECTED ADD #this 2
                  > > and $$LV.TOTAL will give you the number of selected
                  lines in LV 1

                  > Joseph, you are a genius. :) It's much faster now,
                  cheers. I'll upload the
                  > new
                  > Textview soon.

                  I agree Joseph, that was pretty smart :)

                  > Dimitris:
                  > > Ready or not, here is the first version of Gui4Cli
                  for Windows (98 and
                  > > over). You can download it from www.Gui4Cli.com.
                  >
                  > Almost makes me wish I had a PC to try it out. Almost.

                  Don't fight it... We're all going to be little soldiers
                  in Bill's army someday, might as well get used to it :)

                  Dimitris