Re: [GTh] Identifying Gnostic Texts

  • sarban
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2011
      Hi Bob

      I commented in an earlier post about my problems with Turner's dating for Zostrianos and Allogenes. (Which Brakke follows)
      IMO they are post-Plotinian.

      Andrew Criddle

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2011
        At 11:45 AM 9/20/2011, sarban wrote:

        Hi Bob

        I commented in an earlier post about my problems with Turner's dating for Zostrianos and Allogenes. (Which Brakke follows)
        IMO they are post-Plotinian.

        Andrew Criddle

        Thanks! Can you point us to your comment by providing the Date, or the Subject, or the URL, to help us find it?
        And can you also point us to a better dating framework?

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2011

          Hi Bob

          See my posts Neoplatonism and Gnosticism 1 to 6 at

          (These posts are heavily based on the work of Ruth Majercik)

          Andrew Criddle