Re: Monograph on Marcion

  • andrewcriddle
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 20, 2011
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "David" <davidinglis2@...> wrote:

      <SNIP>

      As Andrew Criddle comments that: "This is an important work both in
      its specific conclusions and in developing a methodology of making critical use of information in the heresiologists," then I submit
      that if commenting on a commentary (without reference to the
      source) can be "important," then commenting on a review should at
      least be seen as acceptable.

      <SNIP>

      > David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      Hi David

      Just to clarify:

      When I said "This is an important work both in its specific conclusions and in developing a methodology of making critical use of information in the heresiologists," I was referring to Catherine Osborne's work "Rethinking early Greek philosophy; Hippolytus of Rome and the presocratics."

      I can't comment on Moll's methodology not having read the book.

      Andrew Criddle
    • David
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 22, 2011
        Apologies for the misunderstanding over which work you were referring to.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 22, 2011
          [David to Andrew Criddle]:
          > Apologies for the misunderstanding over which work you were referring
          to.

          Thanks, David. Far from being considered unnecessary, such corrections are
          encouraged here, and are considered a mark of honesty, integrity, collegiality,
          and commendably ethical scholarly behavior.