[gthomas] Re: #22

  • Achilles37@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 1999
      On 99-03-24 at 03:28:10 EST, Joe Baxter wrote:

      > The five trees of the garden refer to something. Right?
      > If so, what?

      God-like qualities. Genesis already tells us what two of
      these trees probably were: the Tree of Knowledge and
      the Tree of Life. We are, perhaps, then justified in assuming
      that the remaining three trees also signify attributes of God.

      Prof. April DeConnick (sp?) also did some research in this
      area, pointing to some specific trees mentioned by Philo
      as being in Eden.

      - Kevin Johnson