Re: [GTh] Apologies for all these test messages, but....

  • Bob Schacht
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2011
      At 04:39 PM 7/17/2011, David Inglis wrote:

      I�ve sent several messages today all of which were addressed to Synoptic, GPG, and gthomas. In my case all three yahoogroups.com addresses were in the �To� field in Outlook (my email program). A couple of the messages were received by all three groups, but the majority were only received by Synoptic. I can�t say whether the order in which the addresses appear in the �To� field determines which group(s) receive the messages, because it doesn�t seem consistent. However, it does appear to confirm what I suspected, i.e. that messages go �missing� when you try to send them to multiple groups. I would be interested in knowing whether other people have seen this behavior.

      David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      David,
      There's another way to send the same message to multiple groups: Use the CC: field.

      Bob Schacht
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011

        David,

        I received four messages in GTh. How many did you send?

        Judy Redman
        PhD Candidate, School of Humanities
        University of New England
        Armidale 2351 Australia
        ph:  +61 2 6773 3401
        mob: 0437 044 579
        web:
         http://judyredman.wordpress.com/
        email:
         jredman2@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 18, 2011
          To David, Judy, et al:

          This test should have been discussed with list moderators before being run.
          We could have come up with a procedure that didn't involve actually sending
          the test messages to all members. My apologies for not putting a stop to this
          earlier. The messages have been deleted from our archives.

          Mike G.