Monthly Report for June, 2011

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2011
      Historically, June has been a very up-and-down month. The last two years have
      been respectable, but prior to that we had three Junes with under 10 messages.
      So it was this past month, with only 9 (worse, only one after the 5th of the month!),
      and there's no question that my own preoccupation with financial planning for
      my wife's retirement substantially contributed to that. I'm sure you all understand
      that retirement planning involves some complicated decisions and time-consuming
      activities, with serious consequences if not done right. Once into that, I found it
      impossible to focus on anything else. Hopefully, our affairs will soon be in order and
      I can return to intellectual pursuits, and a more active role here. I'm very grateful to
      those who carried on during my month-long absence, so that, even though the list
      was relatively inactive, it wasn't completely silent.

      Mike Grondin
      Mt. Clemens, MI