Re: [GTh] GTh 48

  • George Duffy
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 8, 2011
      Do I think there are enough interpretive keys in Thomas of the "two into one" variety?  Possibly, but it's damn hard slogging through them.  As for the NT keys, they're there, but watered down, explained away, patched together pointlessly, dumned down and downright contradicted.  Is it any wonder that Christians have made such a muddle of things.

      Regards,

      George Duffy

      On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM, <timster132@...> wrote:

      I'm beginning to believe that the text of Thomas's Gospel is the best interpreter of Thomas' Gospel. With the "oneness" theme that runs through GThom ("one", "alone", "two into one", "single one", "single"), I feel it must be one of the interpretative keys that is present in the text for the text. It is not as prevelent as the Genesis key is in GThom, but don't you think there is enough to consider it so?

      Tim Staker
      Chaplain
      IU Health
      Indianapolis