Website Fix

  • M.W. Grondin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2011
      Last July 16th, I wrote a note to the list titled "Battling Browsers":
      ... in which one of the major points was that the Google Chrome browser
      didn't properly handle the split-screen function of my Thomas website. I tried
      to fix the problem at the time, but couldn't do it. Since then, I've continued
      to use Chrome as my primary browser, but never got around to trying to
      fix the problem again until I downloaded the Safari browser yesterday and
      discovered that it had the same problem. That caused me to make a second
      fix attempt, this time successful. The split-screen function now works with
      the top 4 browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. If you've never used
      the split-screen before, or you've been unable to use it because of it not
      working properly under your browser, give it a try:
      ... I think you'll find that it's an invaluable tool for easy comparison of all
      kinds of things: the interlinear, English translations, the Greek fragments,
      facsimiles of the original Coptic ms, etc.

      As to browser market-share, it hasn't changed much since last July. See
      for current rankings. Over the last 8 months, the main change seems to be
      that Chrome has picked up a little at the expense of leaders IE and Firefox:

      Internet Explorer: 60% ==> 57%
      Mozilla Firefox:   24% ==> 22%
      Google Chrome:   7% ==> 11%
      Apple Safari:        5% ==>   6%