Monthly Report for Feb, 2011

  • M.W. Grondin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
      The list bounced back nicely from its January low to an above-average
      54* messages in February. That wasn't enough to bring the yearly total
      (66) up to our two-month goal of 90, but hopefully future months will
      find us closing in on our goal of an average of 45 messages per month.

      Contributors of more than two messages besides myself (24) were Bob
      Schacht (7), Stephen Carlson (6), Tim Staker (5), David Hindley (4), and
      Rick Hubbard (2). Single contributions were posted by Andrew Criddle,
      Bruce Brooks, Chris Skinner, Mark Goodacre, Wieland Wilker, and
      someone who just signed himself "James" (we didn't catch that in time).

      The issue of unnecessary clutter in messages came up in February, and
      I notice that the last time it was written about was almost exactly two years
      ago - Feb 12th of '09, to be precise. In both cases, the issue was brought
      to a head by someone copying the entirety of a Daily Digest, but the more
      usual case is when someone copies the entirety of someone else's single
      long message. Sometimes this is accidental, sometimes not, but please be
      aware that it's an imposition on other members to have to wade through a
      bunch of stuff that they've already read, in order to pick out the new stuff.
      The general rule with respect to other messages is to quote just what's
      necessary to make sense of your own message, no less and no more.

      Ref: "Guidelines for Quoting Other Messages"

      Best to all,
      M.Grondin
      *Yahoogroups shows 55, but that count includes a deleted dupe.

    • Bob Schacht
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2011
        At 12:20 PM 3/2/2011, M.W. Grondin wrote:
        *Yahoogroups shows 55, but that count includes a deleted dupe.

        I misread this as "dope" for a minute, which gave me hope and a giggle.
        My goal is, at least, to never become a deleted dope.  :-)

        And to get back on topic, I credit this month's ample traffic to an interesting excursion into what the Church Fathers had to say about GThomas.

        Bob Schacht
        Northern Arizona University

      • Gnostradamus
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2011
          Hello Mike,

          I should have signed myself "James Lambert". My apologies.

          Best,

          James Lambert

          http://gnostradamus.blogspot.com/