Re: [GTh] Re: On the Net

  • M.W. Grondin
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 17, 2011
      Thanks to Stephen and Andrew for responding to the question I posed
      about IGT. I'd be interested to know of sources. One that I found on the
      net is particularly good, so I'm passing it along. Tony Burke, who runs a
      blog called 'Apocryphicity', wrote his Ph.D. thesis in 2001 on IGT. The
      thesis (400+ pages) and other info about IGT is available at:

      In his thesis, Burke writes (p.4):
      > ... the  true  title  is  ... "The
      Childhood  Deeds  of  the  Lord  Jesus."

      I haven't delved into Burke's thesis deeply enough to see whether he says
      anything about any of the mss being untitled, or not containing a reference
      to Thomas. Perhaps someone else has the time to do that and can quote
      the relevant portion of Burke's thesis, or any other source, for that matter.

      Mike
    • Stephen Carlson
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 17, 2011
        On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 3:00 PM, M.W. Grondin <mwgrondin@...> wrote:

        Thanks to Stephen and Andrew for responding to the question I posed
        about IGT. I'd be interested to know of sources.

        My source is:

        Tony Chartrand-Burke, “The Greek Manuscript Tradition of the Infancy Gospel of Thomas,” Apocrypha 14 (2004): 129-151, at 144.

        Stephen
        --
        Stephen C. Carlson
        Graduate Program in Religion