Re: marcion 1.3

  • Vagrant Vagrant
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2010
      new version of marcion is uploaded, together with apocryphon of john.
      maybe someone will help me with fixing errors, i have not mastered coptic at acceptable level yet - thx

      http://sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/

      and who wants support me, please put link to my website to your pages, thx

      http://marcion.sourceforge.net/

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2010
        Hi Milan,

        Thanks for your important announcement. Unfortunately, this has come
        during a time when most folks in the States are involved in activities
        surrounding the Thanksgiving holiday. Come next week, I expect to
        upload your new version and check it out. (Hopefully, the GosThos file
        is the right one.)

        Mike
        p.s.: As I mentioned earlier, all messages should be signed. Almost
        no one knows who you are from your id.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
          Milan et al,

          First, please excuse the previous (empty) message, sent in error.
          Second, some relatively new facebook addresses:

          Milan: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001081311341
          Marcion: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marcion/166315470058552
          (BTW, the link to the above within Marcion doesn't display pictures.)

          I have now set up Marcion 1.3 according to the procedure below,
          which may be of help to others who wish to do the same. As to the
          interlinear, I've encountered a problem. Under tools/interlinear editor/
          open, there are two items: the Apocryphon of John (misspelt) and the
          Prayer of Paul. (My understanding is that these are the only interlinears
          available at present). The Prayer of Paul loads OK (it being a very small
          file), but ApocJn hung my system on each of two tries. It appears to be
          a memory-hog. There are a number of other difficulties with the interlinear
          function, but I won't get into them here. The main problem is that loading
          large interlinear files seems to require an amount of resources beyond
          the range of my (10-year-old) Windows XP system.

          Procedure used for setting up Marcion 1.3:

          1. Download & run Marcion-1.3--win32-setup.exe
          (creates folder 'Marcion 1.3' in Program Files + desktop icon)
          (no need for zip file)(leaves old version)

          2. Open program

          3. Under 'library', select 'import collection'
          a. imported (X.sql.bz2 files)
          (1) Nag Hammadi Library (NagHammadi)
          (2) Coptic New Testament (CopticNT)
          (3) Septuagint (LXX)
          (4) GreekNT
          b. didn't import
          BohairicNT
          Codex Akhmim
          Codex Tchacos
          LifeofAnthony

          4. Under 'library', select 'view library'
          > Coptic (Sahidic) includes (1) and (2)
          > Greek includes (3) and (4 - called 'H KAINH DIAQHKH')
          > nothing under 'Hebrew' or 'Latin'
          To set up search function:
          Right click on each collection (1-4) in turn,
          selecting 'Index', then 'create index' (lengthy)

          Mike Grondin
          Mt. Clemens, MI
        • Vagrant Vagrant
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2010
            translator needs much memory, thats true. i must develop better way how to store data. but who wants create any translation from beginning, can save his work chapter by chapter for now. and i want to tell about some useful features, marcion can browse pictures now as presentation, simly open any file as picture and presentation will be created from all of pictures in this directory. downloading web to local disk is improved, searching also. (pdf viewig and searching still works under linux only). in thist time marcion serves as universal library and works with txt, rtf, html, djvu, pdf(linux only) and spec format ilt.html which is exported translator file. this file is viewed as standard html, but hyperlinks opens local coptic/greek dictionary and grammar, similarly as on the web version. two of these files are in directory library/html/NH-translations. open and try it by double click or popupmenu: open or open as->ilt.html . if you want see newly added words into dictionary, choose main menu: dictionary->crum, check regexp on tab 'coptic' searched text '.*' and on card dialects check NH only, dont match undefined dialect.

            if someone find any error in dictionary or translations, tell me please. thx