Monthly Report for September 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      With 59 messages posted, September was another successful
      month for our list. In fact, our nine-month total of 498 messages
      already exceeds each of the entire years of 2005 and 2006. Perhaps
      needless to say that it also exceeds our 9-month goal of 405.

      There was also a goodly number of contributors in September.
      Rick Hubbard headed the list with 14. Bob Schacht 2nd with 6,
      and Judy Redman third with 4. There were two messages each
      from Ian Brown, Andrew Criddle, and Bill Arnal. Single notes
      were posted from Bruce Brooks, Ariadne Green, Jack Kilmon,
      Jordan Stratford, and someone who signs himself "Timster".
      My own contribution was 24 messages. The percentage of
      those (40.7) is still too high for my liking, but some were official
      or semi-official notices.

      Some of the discussions started at the end of September are
      continuing strongly into October, of course, but for purposes
      of these monthly reports, we have to draw the line where
      Yahoogroups does. The only difference between their counts
      (which show up at the bottom of our main page) and those reported
      here are caused by our occasional deletions of duplicate messages,
      which unfortunately do not cause a reduction in their counts.
      (There were no dupe-deletions in September, but there have been two
      so far in October, including most recently a preliminary version of a
      note that I posted on Sept. 24. The "limbo copy" of that note, which
      showed up just yesterday, has now been deleted from the archives and
      should be deleted from your own records as well, since it has already
      been answered. Sorry for the confusion.)

      Two recent items on the bibliblogs that caught my attention:
      (1) April DeConick notes a new Coptic grammar:
      (2) Patrick McCullough (kata ti biblia) notes that the most recent Bulletin
      for the Study of Religion is largely devoted to biblioblogging:

      M.Grondin
      Mt. Clemens, Michigan