Re: [GTh] At WikiAnswers

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2010

      Andrew C. wrote:
      > The source is probably the section on the Gospel of Thomas in the
      > Apocrypha article at: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01601a.htm

      Thanks, Andrew. Great detective work. This is a wonderful example
      of how scholarship can go badly awry. One can almost see the mental
      contortions as the author tries to explain why the Hippolytus quote is
      so very different from what we now know to be the Infancy Gospel.
      Still, he says nothing about his supposed text being popular or receiving
      support for inclusion in the Canon, so I think Harfield must have got
      at least that part of it from somewhere else (if not pure speculation).

      Mike G.