RE: {Disarmed} Re: [GTh] behold

  • Richard Hubbard
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2010
      FWIW-

      Emmel identifies EIS as a "diecetic particle", meaning that its meaning
      depends on a contextual reference. It is therefore more akin to Gr IDOU
      than to the preposition EIS. So near as I can see it occurs in GTH only
      with 2HHTE as the referent (6 times by Emmel's count). I haven't had
      time to pick through Crum's entire treatment but he identifies it as an
      "interjection" here: http://www.metalog.org/files/crum/085.gif

      Rick Hubbard