RE: {Disarmed} Re: [GTh] Electronic Coptic Tests, In General

  • Richard Hubbard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
      Hi Mike

      The information sheet you mention in connection the PHI CD is something
      I've seen before, I think. I don't recall the source, but when I saw it
      the impression I had was that use by "non-commercial scholarly use by
      universities and scholars" is somewhat broadly interpreted by the folks
      at Packard so it might not be that big of a problem to lay hands on it.
      The Bit Torrent thingy seems a bit dicey in my estimation.

      One thing I am pretty sure of is that even after getting the PHI CD, a
      reader is necessary, so even if the CD can be had at no cost, I suppose
      the reader will cost a few bucks.

      I have a bit of a full plate right now or I would get in touch with the
      Packard folks myself. Maybe you can send off an email or give them a
      jingle to see what all is involved in getting a copy of the CD?

      BTW, good sleuthing on the heritage of the Sahidica and Marcion CNTs.

      Rick Hubbard

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
        Just to summarize my current understanding:

        1. Coptic NH texts
        -------------------------
        Only one version, routed as follows:
        Claremont (Robinson et al) > PHI > thepiratebay.org > Marcion
        (neither St. Shenouda [Takla] nor Sahidica [Wells] has it)

        2. Coptic NT (CNT)
        Three versions:
        (1) St. Shenouda (Hany Takla)
        (2) Yale (B.Layton et al) > PHI > thepiratebay.org > Marcion
        (3) Sahidica (J.W. Wells), checked against (1) and (2)

        Mike G.