RE: [GTh] Horner and the Disappearance of Bibliacoptica.com

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2010
      Thanks Mike for digging into this. On two or three occasions I have gone to
      the St Shenouda site at http://www.stshenouda.com/society/copticcd.htm to
      order the Coptic NT CD and every time was unsuccessful when I clicked the
      "Submit" button (got the dreaded "Page No Found" message.

      As an alternative I downloaded the Sahidica material but I'm not too keen on
      the font used with it. As far as the Marcion product I agree with other
      observations that it is simply too cumbersome to be workable.

      But back to the Takla resource: Is the material offered there (via
      subscription) searchable? What is the format like (presumably all the
      strokes are there)?

      Rick
      follows:
      ||"I thought you might be interested in the following note that I sent to my
      ||GThomas list yesterday, especially since your name came into it. If you
      have
      ||any observations on any of the issues discussed here, I'd love to hear
      them. (I
      ||won't pass them along to the list unless you give your permission to do
      so.)"
      ||Hany's response was as follows:
      ||"In explanation I would like to add that the Coptic CD that was initially
      ||distributed by the Society had four modules of my own work that included a
      ||Course in Bohairic with recorded pronunciation, Bohairic-English
      Dictionary, An
      ||Annual Lectionary of the Feasts in the Coptic Church, and the Coptic New
      ||Testament. Since we exhausted the stock of this CD, the first two modules
      were
      ||licensed to COEPA organization in Australia to distribute with one of
      their
      ||electronic products. The New Testament CD became a separate CD and was
      ||distributed for a reduced price when ordered as you have seen. As you know
      ||the Sahidic Text was based on the latest complete texts published after
      Horner's
      ||edition. I added the superlineal strokes and changed the word division to
      better
      ||serve the grammatical meaning. However, despite many reviews there were
      ||multiple typos. J. Warren Wells was good enough to correct many if not all
      these
      ||typos in his produced text.
      ||"Currently I set up for the Society a subscription site
      ||(http://demo.stshenouda.info/tc.htm) that houses all the separate files
      for the
      ||New Testament that were on the CD plus all the periodicals that the
      Society has
      ||issued or are currently issued along with contents of some of our library
      ||holdings and our own manuscript collection. With regards to the New
      Testament
      ||I will be making corrections to the texts periodically and post them. Also
      I am