Re: [GTh] On the Web: An Interview with Simon Gathercole

  • Doug Milford
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2010
      Thanks for your reply Mike. You would not be the first to equate evangelicalism with fundamentalism, nor will you be the last. One grew out of the other and there remains overlap, but there are vast and important differences between the type of scholars and scholarship you will find at a Fuller vs, say, Bob Jones or a Wheaton vs most bible institutes. Noll, who I invoked in my earlier message, is now at Notre Dame -- but while he was at Wheaton he wrote another book, _The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind_, in which he took dispensational theology to task.

      I think of David Scholer, who passed away a couple years ago. He was at Fuller for many years and a top rate scholar. He is just one example, but there are many others.

      Anyway, I appreciate your reply.

      Doug

      P.S. There is considerable debate within evangelicalism over what "inerrant" actually means.