Re: {Disarmed} [GTh] Correlation Query

  • E Bruce Brooks
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
      Mike,

      Thanks for the clarification; that does indeed make things fit a little
      better. Koester's various sets of parallels are given in difficult form, and
      some of his lists overlap, so again I can't report a total number right
      offhand. But it looks promising. If the source was in fact Koester's Ancient
      Christian Gospels, and if his sublists were combined, and if his doublets
      were uncombined and listed twice and not just once, we might be getting up
      around a hundred. Stevan, if you are listening, does this sound at all
      familiar?

      Bruce

      E Bruce Brooks
      Warring States Project
      University of Massachusetts at Amherst

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2010
        Bruce wrote:
        ||Meanwhile, I notice that Koester p87 footnotes Crossan, Sayings Parallels:
        ||Workbook for the Jesus Tradition. I don't have this book. Is it possible
        that this
        ||Koester reference, and not Koester himself, was the source of the
        ||100 (or 110) member Mk/GThos list that Stevan used as his computational
        ||basis?
        [||]
        I just did a quick check of the index in Crossan's book you mention. The
        total number of correlations between GTh and his data base of Jesus sayings
        totals 186!

        Anyone care to bid 200?

        Rick Hubbard