Monthly Report for June 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2010
      With 42 messages recorded in June, we continued an unbroken
      streak of six productive months this year. Only two have fallen
      short of the goal of 45 msgs/mo, and in both cases the shortfall
      was minimal. Cumulatively, there were 352 messages in the first
      six months, significantly higher than the goal of 270. (This is
      mostly due to atypical hyperactivity in May.)

      With respect to group participation, messages other than my
      own comprised 69% (29 of 42). Multi-contributors were Rick
      Hubbard (8), Adrian Millar (5), Maurice Cormier (4), Ian Brown (3),
      Rick Van Vliet (3), and Tim Ricchuiti (2). Single messages were
      received from Judy Redman, Bob Schacht, Lair Amaro, and Sam
      Chandler.

      Without wishing to slight anyone, I think that special thanks are
      in order for Rick Hubbard, Tim Ricchuiti, Adrian Millar, and Ian
      Brown. Rick has taken on more than one Herculean task lately,
      and has kept us informed of his efforts. Tim's work on the Greek-
      Coptic differences stimulated a fine discussion and provided
      needed factual background material, which he graciously shared.
      Ian and Adrian both write thoughtfully, albeit seldomly, so I think
      it's important to mention how highly-valued such messages are
      in clarifying and focusing discussions. Many thanks to these folks
      and to everyone who helped out in June. We encourage you to
      continue your active participation, as we encourage others to
      join in.

      Finally, turning to the Biblioblog world, I note that Larry Hurtado
      has started one: http://larryhurtado.wordpress.com/
      It's always good news when established scholars go online,
      but Larry is a particular favorite with me because of his 2006
      book The Earliest Christian Artifacts, which I recommended
      here, and which includes photographic plates and comments
      on the Greek fragments, as well as a number of observations
      and subjects relevant to the Coptic ms.

      M.Grondin