Re: [GTh] Paralleomania (Revisited)

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 21, 2010
      Maurice wrote:
      > [My source] is from the Nag Hammadi Library (the Pistis Sophia)
      > as per the Book of Yew (Book 4, Chap 132 .... viz)

      Well this is baffling. The material I quoted from your earlier note was
      in a paragraph where you were talking about _Mandaean_ tradition.
      Now you quote from the Pistis Sophia, which is NOT a Mandaean text?
      And in the same breath you mention another book the connection of
      which to either one is totally unclear? This doesn't make any sense.

      > As for the Mandaens and other related texts, (if you're up to a little
      > homework sometime) you might want to also check out various
      > Mandean (laity) and nazorean (priestly class) texts... in particular,
      > the Diwan Abathur ....

      No, it's not up to others to find the source of your quote, it's up to you
      to give it. Even more so since the accuracy of the quote has been
      brought into question, because if the quote is inaccurate, no one will
      ever find it. And just to remind - you said it was from _Mandaean_
      tradition, so you will need to cite a _Mandaean_ text. If it's online,
      and you can find the quote in question, just provide a link to it and
      we'll all be happy. Either that or admit that you misquoted.