New Thomas book

  • Ian Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 16 1:34 PM
      I don't know if anyone has spotted this yet, but I just received an email for a new book series (Jewish and Christian Texts) and found that there is a new commentary on Thomas included.

      http://www.dovebook.com/bookdesc.asp?bookid=53251

      I hope to check it out soon, but if anyone has the inside track I would love to here about it!

      ian

    • Lair
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 16 8:16 PM
        $ 110.00 ???

        Lair Amaro
        UFRJ/Brasil

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 16 8:47 PM

          No, $70.99 from Dove and you can get it for USD73.16 with free delivery from http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/.

          My memory suggests that he comes from Eastern Europe and has co-operated recently with one of the big names in Thomas scholarship from the US to arrange a seminar series. The details are on my computer at home, but I’ll try to remember to look.

          Judy

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 17 2:59 AM
            Hi

            I was curious about this fellow too- I found his CV at the following:
            http://www.etf.cuni.cz/cbs/en/en-cv-pokorny.html

            Interesting back ground and credentials, in general.

            I'm not sure I'm going to plunk down the $$ quite yet-there should be some
            reviews forthcoming, I'd think. The commentary I'm waiting for is Charlie
            Hedrick's (due out in November, if I recall). It will be about the same
            price, I'd guess.

            Rick Hubbard