Monthly Report for May '10

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      The month of May was hyperactive, with 109 posted messages
      (Yahoogroups shows 110, but that includes a deleted dupe.)
      This is far beyond the monthly goal of 45 (daily avg 3.5 vs. 1.5), and
      over double the May average of the last seven years. The yearly total
      so far is 310, which is significantly higher than the 5-month goal of 225.

      The portion of volume due to my own contributions was less than has
      often been the case: a total of 20 messages (less than 20%), of which
      seven were of an official or semi-official nature.

      Based on the number of contributors other than myself (10), group
      participation was better than usual. In order of number of messages,
      the contributors were Richard V. (34), Rick Hubbard (16), Bob Schacht
      (14), Judy Redman (10), Jack Kilmon (5), Ron McCann (3), Ian Brown
      (3), Maurice Cormier (2), and single contributions from Chris Skinner
      and Jordan Stratford. Thanks to all of you for participating during the
      month. For those of you who may have been sometimes overwhelmed
      by the volume of messages this past month, rest assured that it wasn't
      the norm and that we have no intention of trying to match it in the future.
      What we do aim to do is to give you quality postings on a variety of
      topics of scholarly interest, and with a variety of viewpoints. We may
      sometimes fail in that aim, but we always return to it.

      M.Grondin