[gthomas] Re: More in #61

  • Jim Gambrill
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 6:51 PM
      And while we're on the subject, there's other stuff that I, being no
      expert in coptic, don't understand about #61. Why is 2WC so universally
      translated as 'as if' or 'as though' in 61, when in 59 and 60 it seemed
      obvious that it should be 'while'? Is this another known translation of
      this word? People aren't just guessing, are they?

      Also, in the coptic, 'out of' seems very important in this saying.
      "While out of (EBOA 2N) one ... out of (EBOA 2M) him who is equal ...
      out of (EBOA 2N) that of my father." None of the translations I have
      available to me successfully bring this out.

      Jim