RE: [GTh] New Resource

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010

      Hi everyone,

      A week ago, Patterson Brown posted the information below about a searchable version of Crum’s Coptic Dictionary. I immediately installed the package, but found it a little challenging to use because the help file is written by a computer programmer for computer programmers. I could have worked it out eventually, but I’m lazy. Over the weekend, I got my son (a computer programmer) to have a look at it and he showed me how to use it. Took him about 5 minutes to work it out. I decided I needed to write the instructions down before I forgot them and that I might as well share them with others. So, if you go to http://judyredman.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/another-new-coptic-resource/ you will find my help file for the non-programmer.

      If you go back to the home page and scroll down, you will find my review of Gregory Sterling’s “Coptic Paradigms – A Summary of Sahidic Coptic Morphology” which arrived in my mail today.

      Regards

      Judy Redman
      PhD Candidate, School of Humanities
      University of New England