[gthomas] Christos Pantokrator

  • Stevan Davies
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 1999
      While searching the scriptures I came across the following and
      wondered why such an idea arose. Any ideas? Is it significant
      that about the only line of Christian thinking that lacks the
      idea are the synoptics?

      GTh 77
      Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them
      all. It is I who am all things. From me did all things come forth, and
      unto me did all things extend.

      1 Cor 8:6
      yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came
      and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through
      whom all things came and through whom we live.

      Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on
      earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
      authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

      Heb 1:2
      but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he
      appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.

      John 1:3
      Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made
      that has been made.

      Steve

    • joe baxter
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 1999
        At 04:21 PM 3/7/99 -0500, you wrote:

        >While searching the scriptures I came across the following and
        >wondered why such an idea arose. Any ideas? Is it significant
        >that about the only line of Christian thinking that lacks the
        >idea are the synoptics?
        >
        >GTh 77
        >Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them
        >all. It is I who am all things. From me did all things come forth, and
        >unto me did all things extend.

        One sometimes finds this type of thing in the recorded words of the Indian
        saint Ramakrishna. Sometimes he was simply singing and making up a song.
        Other times he was in a God-possessed state. So it is reasonable that he
        could have said such a thing lyrically or in a God-possessed state.

        With kind regards,

        Joe