New Resource

  • edit@metalog.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 7:21 AM

      A new and invaluable resource for the Coptic Gospels, which includes a searchable version of Crum’s Coptic Dictionary, a searchable Liddell-Scott-Jones Greek Lexicon, and Henry Tattam’s A Compendious Grammar of the Egyptian Language (1863 edition): sourceforge.net/projects/marcion/files/rc3/marcion_rc3-win32.zip/download (unzip, then run marcion.exe; by Milan Konvicka).

      +Paterson Brown

      www.metalog.org

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2010

        Hi everyone,

        A week ago, Patterson Brown posted the information below about a searchable version of Crum’s Coptic Dictionary. I immediately installed the package, but found it a little challenging to use because the help file is written by a computer programmer for computer programmers. I could have worked it out eventually, but I’m lazy. Over the weekend, I got my son (a computer programmer) to have a look at it and he showed me how to use it. Took him about 5 minutes to work it out. I decided I needed to write the instructions down before I forgot them and that I might as well share them with others. So, if you go to http://judyredman.wordpress.com/2010/05/03/another-new-coptic-resource/ you will find my help file for the non-programmer.

        If you go back to the home page and scroll down, you will find my review of Gregory Sterling’s “Coptic Paradigms – A Summary of Sahidic Coptic Morphology” which arrived in my mail today.

        Regards

        Judy Redman
        PhD Candidate, School of Humanities
        University of New England