[gthomas] Re: Jesus, Mats (2)

  • Mats Winther
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 1999
      -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
      Från: Mike Grondin <mgrondin@...>
      Till: gthomas@egroups.com <gthomas@egroups.com>
      Datum: den 3 januari 1999 19:08
      Ämne: [gthomas] Jesus, Mats

      >But more generally, your language is pitted with the rhetoric of the
      >self-righteous believer: "Beware of what you say!", "You're going against
      >Jesus!", "Watch out for blasphemy against the Holy Spirit!" This kind of
      >stuff is just simply out of order in a scholarly discussion group. If
      >you're gonna continue to talk this way, I suggest that you find a Christian
      >discussion group more to your liking.

      I forgot to comment on this. I think it is very ugly to insert statements within quotation marks so as to infer that this was my wording. This is very, very foul.

      Actually what I said was: "So Jesus in his parables speaks a completely different language than yours. You actually go against him completely. Beware of what you're saying."
      And concerning the holy spirit I actually cited a logion and said: Please don't state that there are no other interpretations than your own trivial one. Remember the saying in logion 44: "...whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven.."
      The point is that all people partake in the spirit. That's why one should not deny that other people also can say something truthful. The spirit is truth. We all have a spirit of truth in us.

      So my language was much milder than in your false citations. I never even used exclamations marks which you insert in these falsifications. I have never encountered such falsehood before. People seldom sink this low as to falsify statements.

      Mats Winther