Thomas Interview Suggestions

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2010
      Over at PEJE IESOUS, Chris Skinner writes:
      In my efforts to generate a storehouse of information on the views and
      works of contemporary Thomas scholars, I will be continuing my interviews
      with professors and scholars throughout the spring semester, and possibly
      into the summer. My next interview, with Ismo Dunderberg (University of
      Helsinki), will be posted in a few days. Thus far I have been asking each
      interviewee a group of general questions along with some specific questions
      about their focused research interests.

      At this point I would like to solicit input from the readers of my blog in
      three areas: (1) What other Thomas scholars would you be interested in
      hearing from in this format? (2) What additional questions would you like
      me to ask?; (3) If you have accessed the previous interviews and were left
      with additional questions, how would you like to see the previous
      interviews followed-up?

      You can respond to any or all of these questions by either commenting on
      this blog post, sending a message to the Gospel of Thomas e-list under the
      heading "Thomas Interview Suggestions," or by sending an email to me at
      christopherwskinner[at]gmail[dot]com. I promise to take all reasonable
      suggestions into account. Thanks in advance for your help with my continued
      efforts to make a lot of highly academic material accessible to a wider
      audience.

      In reponse to #3, I noted here at the end of September that Michael Bird
      had posted a comment on the first part of Chris' Nick Perrin interview
      to which I would have liked to see a response. Bird's comment consisted
      of the following question (as amended by me):

      "What I'd like you to ask Nick is why doesn't G.Thom cite Johannine
      material from Tatian [i.e., from the Diatessaron - mg] ?"

      I take it that Nick didn't see this question, since I know that he has
      a ready answer which never appeared. My suggestion, then, would
      be that arrangements be made so that interviewees can answer
      responsible questions put to them in comments under any of the
      parts of the interview.

      In concert with Chris, I urge list members to consider the three
      questions posed above, and pass on whatever thoughts you
      might have either to the list in reply to this post or to Chris' Blog.

      http://pejeiesous.com/2010/01/08/gospel-of-thomas-interviews/

      Cheers,