Re: [GTh] Re: hidden structure of Gthom revealed - update 1

    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 20 12:10 AM
      > So now we have 4 cases of 24, including a Coptic one. Maybe my idea of
      > the 'Egyptian' background for explaining the interest in '24' in Gthom
      > was > not that bad a guess?

      But why bother with something that we can only guess at? Seems to me
      that where the interest came from is probably undecidable (since there's
      several possible sources), but that it's not all that important anyway.
      I think it's sufficient to show that Coptic GTh does have an interest in
      the number 24 (among others), wherever that came from. Unnecessary
      speculation does little but divert attention from the factual findings,
      IMO. And since the factual findings run strongly counter to widespread
      beliefs about the Coptic GTh, the case needs to be built as rigorously
      and with as few unnecessary complications as possible.

      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 20 12:10 AM