Re: [GTh] drank christos from a poterion or drank chrestos from a potirion?

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2009
      Mike, Ariadne, Jack, thanks a lot for your reactions.

      Mike's hint to the "septuagint" was a golden tip. Jack's comments like those on the logia of the vineyard and the cornerstone were very interesting and I think I will have more questions for him on Aramaic, as I have on Greek for Ariadne.

      It enabled me to get a better view on my own ideas on the relation between Gthom and other early texts like that of Paul. When these ideas have critalized enough, I will present here my views on the place of Gthom in the early Jesus movement and first century christianity.

      Jeff

      BTW, speaking about the "cup of christ" or "pothrion xrhstou", that was discovered last year, could it be that "ogoistais" was some 'alexandrian' version of "augustus"? ;-)

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/forum/64774768nx21631/other-interesting-matters-f22/mysterious-crestou-inscription-t82.html