hidden structure of Gthom revealed

  • Jeff Ysebaert
    Message 1 of 43 , Sep 5, 2009
      I have found that inside the
      Gospel of Thomas can be found keys, that determine its structure so that the
      beginning and ending of each page of the gospel is fixed.
      The hidden structure of the
      gospel consists of 12 pages, with the first page containing a half page of
      text, the other pages completely filled with text.
      Logion 114, that is usually considered
      as ‘not original’ and a later adding, appears to resemble “the stone that the
      builders rejected”. In my new numbering of the logia it has number 116 and it
      plays an essential role (“cornerstone”?) in the structuring of the Gospel.
      The “mysterious” keys are made
      up by logia 6 and 14. And the ‘trick’ to unlock the hidden structure of the Gospel is to try to align them until they match each other at the same height,
      side by side.
      I made my findings more clear
      on my website (still under heavy construction) that I made for this purpose. On
      it you can also find a text document you can download and print, so you can
      read the Gospel in its intended hidden lay-out.
      You can find it here:

      http://thomasgospel.weebly.com/

      I hope that my contribution
      may stimulate a new approach of studying the Gospel of Thomas and similar kind
      of texts.

      Jeff Ysebaert

      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 20, 2009
        > So now we have 4 cases of 24, including a Coptic one. Maybe my idea of
        > the 'Egyptian' background for explaining the interest in '24' in Gthom
        > was > not that bad a guess?

        But why bother with something that we can only guess at? Seems to me
        that where the interest came from is probably undecidable (since there's
        several possible sources), but that it's not all that important anyway.
        I think it's sufficient to show that Coptic GTh does have an interest in
        the number 24 (among others), wherever that came from. Unnecessary
        speculation does little but divert attention from the factual findings,
        IMO. And since the factual findings run strongly counter to widespread
        beliefs about the Coptic GTh, the case needs to be built as rigorously
        and with as few unnecessary complications as possible.