Re: List of writings having parallels to The Gospel of Thomas?

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 16, 2009
      Ariadne Green wrote:
      > A question for my research.
      > Is there a comprehensive list of gospels, both canonical and apocryphal gospels as well as other writings and letters that have parallels or reference The Gospel of Thomas?

      Adriadne-

      All of the suggestions you've been given are good.

      I'd add for parallels particularly to the synoptic gospels, Stephen Patterson's _The Gospel of Thomas and Jesus_

      I'd also check out the commentary at the back of Marvin Meyer's _The Gospel of Thomas: The Hidden Sayings of Jesus_.

      Another helpful source is Mauro Pesce's _Le Parole Dimenticate di Gesu . . . although it's in Italian, it actually presents parallels texts in the ancient languages as well.

      Hope that helps!

      Best,
      Andrew Bernhard
      gospels.net