[GTh] Re: Gosprl of Thomas Bibliography

  • Sytze van der Laan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18 9:31 PM
      Thanks for the nice comments and quick updates on your NT Gateway site and NT Blog, Mark. I've been following the discussions of this group for many years with great interest, but there never seems enough time to participate. The blog posting last Thursday was almost like reading one's own web site obituary, though. But it gave me an incentive to sort out the old web files over the weekend and publish them again: just as exciting as when I started it in 1995. I didn't realize it had been down for 9 years! I guess time flies when you're raising kids and have become a first-time homeowner of an older house ;-)

      I'd love to add your bibliography to the web database, Judy. There are quite a lot of updates needed, so your list would be much appreciated. Once I've got the database design finished, I'd like to create a web interface where (any)one can upload changes and additions. It'll be an interesting challenge to figure out how to validate the submitted data in order to avoid duplication and other errors. I'll let the group know as soon as I've made some progress. If some of you'd be willing to help me test the upload and query interfaces, that would be great. Just email me off-list and I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

      Sytze van der Laan
      Cleveland, Ohio
    • Andrew
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19 4:22 AM
        Wow. I'm stunned.

        Mark is quite right that I'm interested in seeing an interactive online Thomas bibliography. We had been discussing the matter, but I don't think either of us expected Sytze himself to reappear after so many years.

        I've also posted a couple of comments on my gospels.net blog about the bibliography and its return:

        - http://www.gospels.net/?p=581
        - http://www.gospels.net/?p=584

        Welcome back, Sytze! I look forward to corresponding with you more in the future.