Re: [GTh] Re: Gosprl of Thomas Bibliography

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 6 , May 18, 2009
      Sytze,

      This is great news! Welcome back. I have added a new link on the
      Gospel of Thomas page on the NT Gateway
      (http://www.ntgateway.com/noncanonical-texts/gospel-of-thomas/) and
      have made comments on the NT Blog (http://ntweblog.blogspot.com).

      I think it would be excellent going forward if you were able to open
      up the bibliography to others to update directly. I would be happy to
      be involved. I know that Andrew Bernhard would also be interested.

      Best wishes
      Mark

      --
      Mark Goodacre Goodacre@...
      Associate Professor

      http://www.markgoodacre.org
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2009
        Sytze,

        This is great!

        I have a significant bibliography of Gospel of Thomas related works and
        would be happy to contribute. There have been quite a few significant
        publications since 2001, of course and there are definitely items in my
        bibliography that you don't have. :-)

        Regards

        "Politics is the work we do to keep the world safe for our spirituality" -
        Judith Plaskow, Phoenix Rising, 2000

        Rev Judy Redman
        PhD candidate & Uniting Church Chaplain
        University of New England Armidale 2351
        ph: +61 2 6773 3739
        fax: +61 2 6773 3749
        web: http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~jredman2 and
        http://judyredman.wordpress.com/
        email: jredman2@...

      • Sytze van der Laan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2009
          Thanks for the nice comments and quick updates on your NT Gateway site and NT Blog, Mark. I've been following the discussions of this group for many years with great interest, but there never seems enough time to participate. The blog posting last Thursday was almost like reading one's own web site obituary, though. But it gave me an incentive to sort out the old web files over the weekend and publish them again: just as exciting as when I started it in 1995. I didn't realize it had been down for 9 years! I guess time flies when you're raising kids and have become a first-time homeowner of an older house ;-)

          I'd love to add your bibliography to the web database, Judy. There are quite a lot of updates needed, so your list would be much appreciated. Once I've got the database design finished, I'd like to create a web interface where (any)one can upload changes and additions. It'll be an interesting challenge to figure out how to validate the submitted data in order to avoid duplication and other errors. I'll let the group know as soon as I've made some progress. If some of you'd be willing to help me test the upload and query interfaces, that would be great. Just email me off-list and I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

          Sytze van der Laan
          Cleveland, Ohio
        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 6 , May 19, 2009
            Wow. I'm stunned.

            Mark is quite right that I'm interested in seeing an interactive online Thomas bibliography. We had been discussing the matter, but I don't think either of us expected Sytze himself to reappear after so many years.

            I've also posted a couple of comments on my gospels.net blog about the bibliography and its return:

            - http://www.gospels.net/?p=581
            - http://www.gospels.net/?p=584

            Welcome back, Sytze! I look forward to corresponding with you more in the future.