Gosprl of Thomas Bibliography

  • andrewcriddle
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2009
      Mark Goodacre
      http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/gospel-of-thomas-bibliography.html
      has a post about a Wayback Machine copy of an old Gospel of Thomas Site
      http://web.archive.org/web/20010216043125/huizen.dds.nl/~skirl/gthomas/

      Andrew Criddle
    • Sytze van der Laan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 18, 2009
        That's good timing. I was trying to revive my ancient bibliography and Greek papyri web pages for a while now, I hadn't thought of the web archive. I had lost my own backup from 2001 during an unfortunate computer mishap, but I recently "unearthed" a CD-rom and was able to restore most of the files. I've now created a new web presence for these pages:

        http://www.agraphos.com/thomas/

        I would definitely like to collaborate with Mark or anyone else to make this bibliography more interactive. I'm a professional web developer by day and I'm very interested in building web tools for New Testament theology applications. Thanks,

        Sytze

        --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "andrewcriddle" <sarban@...> wrote:

        > Mark Goodacre
        > http://ntweblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/gospel-of-thomas-bibliography.html
        > has a post about a Wayback Machine copy of an old Gospel of Thomas Site
        > http://web.archive.org/web/20010216043125/huizen.dds.nl/~skirl/gthomas/
        >
        > Andrew Criddle

      • Mark Goodacre
        Message 3 of 6 , May 18, 2009
          Sytze,

          This is great news! Welcome back. I have added a new link on the
          Gospel of Thomas page on the NT Gateway
          (http://www.ntgateway.com/noncanonical-texts/gospel-of-thomas/) and
          have made comments on the NT Blog (http://ntweblog.blogspot.com).

          I think it would be excellent going forward if you were able to open
          up the bibliography to others to update directly. I would be happy to
          be involved. I know that Andrew Bernhard would also be interested.

          Best wishes
          Mark

          --
          Mark Goodacre Goodacre@...
          Associate Professor

          http://www.markgoodacre.org
          Message 4 of 6 , May 18, 2009
            Sytze,

            This is great!

            I have a significant bibliography of Gospel of Thomas related works and
            would be happy to contribute. There have been quite a few significant
            publications since 2001, of course and there are definitely items in my
            bibliography that you don't have. :-)

            Regards

            "Politics is the work we do to keep the world safe for our spirituality" -
            Judith Plaskow, Phoenix Rising, 2000

            Rev Judy Redman
            PhD candidate & Uniting Church Chaplain
            University of New England Armidale 2351
            ph: +61 2 6773 3739
            fax: +61 2 6773 3749
            web: http://www-personal.une.edu.au/~jredman2 and
            http://judyredman.wordpress.com/
            email: jredman2@...

          • Sytze van der Laan
            Message 5 of 6 , May 18, 2009
              Thanks for the nice comments and quick updates on your NT Gateway site and NT Blog, Mark. I've been following the discussions of this group for many years with great interest, but there never seems enough time to participate. The blog posting last Thursday was almost like reading one's own web site obituary, though. But it gave me an incentive to sort out the old web files over the weekend and publish them again: just as exciting as when I started it in 1995. I didn't realize it had been down for 9 years! I guess time flies when you're raising kids and have become a first-time homeowner of an older house ;-)

              I'd love to add your bibliography to the web database, Judy. There are quite a lot of updates needed, so your list would be much appreciated. Once I've got the database design finished, I'd like to create a web interface where (any)one can upload changes and additions. It'll be an interesting challenge to figure out how to validate the submitted data in order to avoid duplication and other errors. I'll let the group know as soon as I've made some progress. If some of you'd be willing to help me test the upload and query interfaces, that would be great. Just email me off-list and I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

              Sytze van der Laan
              Cleveland, Ohio
            • Andrew
              Message 6 of 6 , May 19, 2009
                Wow. I'm stunned.

                Mark is quite right that I'm interested in seeing an interactive online Thomas bibliography. We had been discussing the matter, but I don't think either of us expected Sytze himself to reappear after so many years.

                I've also posted a couple of comments on my gospels.net blog about the bibliography and its return:

                - http://www.gospels.net/?p=581
                - http://www.gospels.net/?p=584

                Welcome back, Sytze! I look forward to corresponding with you more in the future.