Re: [GTh] Carlson on GThomas

  • Stephen C. Carlson
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30 12:04 PM
      Fellow Thomas scholars,

      Thanks for all your interest in this project, which
      Mike and I discussed as a way of not only promoting
      this mailing list but experimenting with genre to
      see what it's full potential is. I've been very
      heartened by Mike's success with his innovative Regular
      Contributor Program and I wanted to support his efforts
      by sharing some work I'm doing the gospel of Thomas --
      a document that I have been find fascinating precisely
      because of the discussion here and previously on Crosstalk.

      I'll start off tomorrow with an introductory excerpt
      that constitutes a brief description of the paper and
      where it's positioned in the discourse on the gospel of
      Thomas. I'll also mention what I hope we might be able
      to achieve by discussing about it, though one of the
      nice things about mailing lists is that discussions
      can take a life of their own.

      On Monday, I'll have the first substantial excerpt from
      the paper.

      Stephen

      --
      Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4, 2009
        A new and important blog has had some very complimentary
        things to say the last several days. The blog is 'gospels.net'
        and is run by my long-time internet friend Andrew Bernhard.
        Actually, Andrew started his blog in January, but up until April
        30th had been occupied with creating a basic library, which is
        why I had put off adding his blog to my links. On April 30th,
        however, Andrew's blog was unexpectedly listed as #22 in the
        top 50 biblioblogs for April, causing him (as he wrote to me)
        to accelerate his schedule for blog development. Consequently,
        I've now added gospels.net to my blog links, positioned along
        with DeConick's and Redman's blogs as those having strong
        Thomas content. This is not only because of the aforementioned
        entries relative to Carlson on GThomas, but more basically
        because gospels.net is described as "an online resource dedicated
        to the Gospel of Thomas and other early Christian Gospels", which
        indicates ongoing strong Thomas content.

        Ref: http://www.gospels.net/

        Thanks, Andrew.