February Report

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      Furious activity in the first three weeks of February counterbalanced a
      slow January to pull our year-to-date message total into respectable
      territory. Last month was in fact the highest-volume February since 2000,
      with 120 messages (average 4.3 per day). For the first two months of the
      year, our activity of 138 messages compared favorably with XTalk2, our
      benchmark group, which had 144. Compared with our own history, the Jan-Feb
      period was the second most active since 2000. The average volume in
      Jan-Feb was 2.3 messages per day, but as noted, this average doesn't
      indicate the peaks and valleys that we experienced during that period,
      and which we aim to smooth out over time.

      The RCP program has been suspended for March, due to fatigue among
      our small pool of regular contributors, who have done so much these
      last 8 months. We would like to increase the pool of regular contributors
      so as to avoid this in the future. If you are interested in being a member
      of a pool of subscribers who are asked each month whether they can commit
      to submitting one message per week for that month, and if you have not had

      Mt. Clemens, MI
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2009
        I know this is somewhat off topic, but I figured that on a list to discuss
        Thomas there must be people who type Coptic. One of the new postgrad
        students at my univrsity is doing work in Nag Hammadi and his brand new
        laptop has Windows Vista installed on it. I use the Logos Coptic keyboard
        to type my Coptic, but it doesn't work on Vista (so I "downgraded" back to
        XP). Today we installed Keyman and the Greek polytonic keyboard that Keyman
        recommends for use with Coptic onto his computer and it sort of works, but
        is pretty clunky and you have to use the Alt key for a significant number of
        Coptic characters which is a pain. AND you have to pay for it after the one
        month trial period. He doesn't have a great deal of money, especially after
        buying the new laptop, so this is a disincentive. The keyboard mapping sucks
        for Greek, let alone Coptic.

        Is there anyone out there who types reasonable slabs of Coptic, using Vista
        and has found a way to do it that is smooth and trouble-free? If so, it
        would be good if you contacted me off-list to tell me about it, please.
        jredman@...

        Rev Judy Redman
        Uniting Church Chaplain
        University of New England