Status of earlychristianwritings.com

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2008
      Can anyone update me on the status of Peter Kirby's
      earlychristianwritings.com

      I thought he had regained control of the domain and was planning to
      restart the site but now it says the account has been suspended . . .

      It would definitely be a shame if that site disappeared.

      Andrew Bernhard
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2008
        Hi Andrew,

        Unfortunately, I don't have any information on the status of
        earlychristianwritings, but its contents as of 01/31/06 are available
        from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine at:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20060131092132/http://www.earlychristianwritings.com

        Although this isn't the latest copy at IAWM, it's the latest one I could
        find where most of the links work - with the notable exception of the
        collection of Thomas commentary, that is. That can be found at:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20040122222248/www.gospelthomas.com

        As of mid-October, Peter and I had been discussing his offer to let me
        use his Thomas stuff on my site, but I haven't heard from him since then.

        p.s.: A complete list of IAWM holdings for earlychristianwritings is at:
        http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://earlychristianwritings.com
        For a complete list of IAWM holdings for gospelthomas.com, see:
        http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://gospelthomas.com
        ... but be aware that contents after 9/27/06 aren't Peter's.