[gthomas] Idea

  • Tord Svenson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 1999
      Perhaps the scholars writing the new guidelines for the gthomas list (
      introductory letter --etc), could allow Sat and Sunday or one day or the
      other for relaxation and open discussion? On one of the lists I participate
      in we have what I call "Friday Rules" -- so after Friday midnight and many
      of the list participants are off on weekend "real-life" adventures, the
      remaining community does their thing. It works out very nicely -- and we
      can get into personal stuff that pulls us together as a list community and
      as friends --without worrying about offending anyone "serious." and being
      reprimanded by the "List Fathers".

      In the case of gthomas we could talk about an insight gained during the
      week involving the GOT -- a memory that relates us -- something old or new
      -- etc.

      Admittedly -- many of the scholars would probably arrive back at the list
      on Monday AM and trash everything :-) On the other hand -- something said
      might click with their mind and open them to something new. That is how
      creative commercial groups often do things.
      "Some have relied on what they knew;
      Others on being simply true.
      What worked for them might work for you."
      Frost
      Tord