RE: [GTh] Transcribing the Greek Fragments

  • Paul Lanier
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi Mike, I can help, at least with proofing. I am glad you are going to represent the text in caps, as close to the MS as possible. I think this simplifies analysis. Regards, Paul

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 18, 2008
        This is to let everyone know that Andrew Bernhard's files on
        the P.Oxy. fragments have now been stored on my site. He
        still has them on his hard drive, of course, but as previously
        indicated, they will no longer be available on his site. Anyone
        who linked to them should now link to:

        http://www.geocities.com/mwgrondin/Bernhard/index2.htm

        In other news on this front, Paul Lanier and I are working on
        the transcription of the P.Oxy. fragments into Coptic-Greek
        uncials, as the manuscripts were originally written. What's
        still up in the air is whether we'll use Andrew's reconstruction
        of the lacunae (which are quite extensive) or some other one
        (perhaps Layton's in his critical edition of Codex II.) I have
        decided, however, to maintain both sets of representations -
        Andrew's for those coming from the Greek side, the new one
        for those coming from the Coptic side. I also have some hopes
        of being able to obtain copies of the photographs contained
        in the old Grenfell-Hunt books to post to my site.

        Mike Grondin
        Mt. Clemens, MI