Re: Correlation of Sequence Order in GTh-Q1 Twin Sayings

  • Paul Lanier
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5 6:35 PM
      --- In gthomas@yahoogroups.com, "rj.godijn" <rj.godijn@...> wrote:

      > a Mark/Q overlap means that Q theorists assume
      > that the logion is found in both Q and Mark.

      Hi Richard,

      Of course that is consistent with the view that both Mark and Q derive
      from Thomas. Maybe I should call this the Five Source Theory!

      > I am not aware of any current Q econstruction that
      > does not include the parable of the mustard seed...
      > I think sticking to the schemas of Patterson and Mack
      > means that you include GTh 20, because Patterson
      > considers it a GTh/Q twin, but made a mistake in not
      > including it as a Q parallel in his list (the same
      > goes for GTh 94).

      I agree. I will revise the file I uploaded to include GTh 20 and GTh
      94. The revised Pearson correlation for Q1a has p <= 0.00444, and for
      Q1b p <= 0.148. This would leave the regression for Q1a significant at
      the 99% confidence interval, but that for Q1b not significant at the
      95% confidence interval.

      Unless, that is, a new series (Q1c) begins following GTh 96.

      This would produce the following sequence:

      GTh26 = QC1.01 = QS12 = Q1a
      GTh34 = QC1.01 = QS11 = Q1a
      GTh45 = QC1.01 = QS13 = Q1a
      GTh54 = QC1.01 = QS8 = Q1a
      GTh68 = QC1.01 = QS8 = Q1a
      GTh69 = QC1.01 = QS8 = Q1a
      GTh73 = QC1.02 = QS20 = Q1a
      GTh86 = QC1.02 = QS19 = Q1a
      GTh92 = QC1.03 = QS27 = Q1a
      GTh94 = QC1.03 = QS27 = Q1a
      GTh21 = QC1.03 = QS27 = Q1b
      GTh33 = QC1.04 = QS35 = Q1b
      GTh51 = QC1.04 = QS35 = Q1b
      GTh61 = QC1.04 = QS35 = Q1b
      GTh76 = QC1.05 = QS40 = Q1b
      GTh96 = QC1.06 = QS46 = Q1b
      GTh20 = QC1.06 = QS46 = Q1c
      GTh55 = QC1.07 = QS52 = Q1c
      GTh101 = QC1.07 = QS52 = Q1c

      Here for each set - Q1a, Q1b and Q1c - an increase in GTh Saying Number
      is associated with increase or sameness of Q1 Cluster Number.
      Obviously there is a question of forcing linear sequences by starting
      over when it is convenient to do so. This involves starting over twice
      out of 18 opportunities. If this can be described by a binomial
      distribution, then P <= 0.001 (0-2 successes, 18 trials,
      TrialP(success) = 0.5. However this I think this underestimates P, as
      for most data pairs (GTh, QC) the probability is greater than 0.5 that
      another data pair has greater than or same Q Cluster Number. If the
      effective TrialP(success) >= 0.31, then P <= 0.05. I will have to see
      if I can find or simulate
      a statistical method for this.

      And of course I have to point out that the boundary between Q1b and
      Q1c is another catch-saying, QS46!

      regards, Paul