Jacob Knee

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      I regret to announce that Jacob Knee has stepped down as
      Moderator of GThomas. Along with Bill Arnal, Jacob has been
      a Moderator since October, 1999, when Steve Davies moved
      on - apparently to help set up the then-new XTalk group, a
      moderated list that replaced the unmoderated Crosstalk.
      Personally, I've valued Jacob's sage and sensical advice over
      these many years. Lately, I've learned that he moved to Montana
      about a year ago, to be near his wife's family. Best wishes to him
      and his family, and sincere gratitude for his contributions to the group!

      (On a related issue, it seems that the mini-history of the group
      that I put forward a short while ago is inaccurate. Paul Miller
      didn't step down until May, '99, at which point the Moderators
      were Steve Davies, Sytze van der Laan, and myself.)

      (In reviewing old group messages for purposes of this note,
      I came across one that has relevance not only to our own early
      history, but also to the general issue of academics on e-lists: